Surrounded By Bugs — new blog
This is the new home of my blog, formally known as Software is Crap. I decided it was time to stop subjecting readers to the awful mess of advertising and dubious formatting that is Wordpress, and so, here we are, a blog that is made of static HTML. Comments/discussions are handled by the Remark42 software (an instance hosted on this site's server).
This is very much under construction and will remain that way until I get a good handle on how to do this efficiently. In the meantime, here are the few so-far ported-from-wordpress blog entries:
- Escape From System D, episode VIII: The Road Behind is Longer [20 August 2023]
- The World is On Fire, But Not Because of C23 [15 April 2023]
- Forgetting About the Problem of Memory [30 April 2022]
- Hammers and Nails, and Operator Overloads [31 January 2021]
- Escape From System D, episode VII [10 January 2021]
- Escape From System D, episode VI: Freedom In Sight [18 December 2019]
- Bad utmp implementations in Glibc and FreeBSD [4 May 2019]
- On the Vagaries of Init Systems [26 October 2018]
- Escape From System D, episode V [21 June 2018]
- A quick update on Dinit [17 January 2018]
- More to come...