Surrounded By Bugs — new blog
This is the new home of my blog, formally known as Software is Crap. I decided it was time to stop subjecting readers to the awful mess of advertising and dubious formatting that is Wordpress, and so, here we are, a blog that is made of static HTML. Comments/discussions are handled by the Remark42 software (an instance hosted on this site's server).
An RSS feed is available.
This is very much under construction and will remain that way until I get a good handle on how to do this efficiently. In the meantime, here are the few so-far ported-from-wordpress blog entries:
- Escape From System D, episode VIII: The Road Behind is Longer [20 August 2023]
- The World is On Fire, But Not Because of C23 [15 April 2023]
- Forgetting About the Problem of Memory [30 April 2022]
- Hammers and Nails, and Operator Overloads [31 January 2021]
- Escape From System D, episode VII [10 January 2021]
- Escape From System D, episode VI: Freedom In Sight [18 December 2019]
- Bad utmp implementations in Glibc and FreeBSD [4 May 2019]
- On the Vagaries of Init Systems [26 October 2018]
- Escape From System D, episode V [21 June 2018]
- A quick update on Dinit [17 January 2018]
- More to come...